HDYO has more information about HD available for young people, parents and professionals on our site:
Coronavirus disease (also called COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered virus that is spreading rapidly around the world. It was declared a pandemic on 11 March 2020 by the World Health Organisation and many countries are putting strict measures in place to reduce the chance of high risk people being exposed to it and to delay the spread of the disease. That can include people with symptomatic Huntington’s disease - but mainly in the later stages.
Here are some links to trusted information. There are a lot of rumors and false information being shared at the moment. Please don’t share these rumors and follow advice only from reputable sources.
- World Health Organisation - Coronavirus
- ABN guidance on coronavirus for people with neurological conditions, their carers and doctors - UK Neurology association guide that covers HD
- HDA England and Wales - Coronavirus information and advice - information page from the HDA in England and Wales
- HDMessageboard.com - Message Board organised by the HDA England and Wales
- HDYO Facebook group - Private Facebook group for discussion and help
HDYO International Young Adult Congress
We have had to postpone the congress which was scheduled for 9-11 May 2020. You can find out more on our news update.
You can contact HDYO for more support.
Last updated: March 26, 2020 18:12